Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Say it with flowers


The sarcococca bushes on the north side of the house are beginning to bloom. Although the dark purple "berries" are showier, the tiny white flowers are sooo fragrant. These are not the first flowers of the year at Boulderneigh, but I never could get good photos of the little patch of snowdrops.

Next up? Daphne odora, probably my favorite floral fragrance!

Sunny daffodil blooms will be awhile coming, but the shoots are growing every day:

In spite of all these signs of spring, you can still enter the giveaway for my wintry fingerless mitts. This Friday I will choose randomly from all the comments to the Party-time post. May the coldest hands win! ;-)

That's it for today from . . .

6 comments:

Sheila said...

So nice to see images of flowers. Thank you for sharing your Oregon spring with us all!

Kelly said...

Yesterday in Southern WI....2" of rain and thunderstorms....today..calling for 6" of snow. A popular saying in WI is, "If you don't like the weather, wait 10 minutes and it will change".
I always enjoy your flower and fauna pictures Michelle. Thanks for the little journey to springtime. Now back to our regularly scheduled winter YUCK. :) LOL

Debbie said...

so nice to see signs of spring! Thanks for sharing.

C-ingspots said...

Yes, my daphne is starting to bud now too!! I adore the scent of daphne and count it among my most favorite all-time flower scents too!! Of course, I also enjoy roses, lilacs, lavender, Lily of the Valley, Hyacinth, Paper white ... what are those called? Very similar to a daffodil, but called Narcissus, is that it? Oh so many enchanting fragrances - who can pick just one?? :)

thecrazysheeplady said...

We have flowers peeking out too, but it's too early and I'm afraid everything's going to get popped.

Unknown said...

Ohhhh, the daffodil picture looks to me like a colorway waiting to happen...